Take Action Now!
THE THREAT OF A NEW TRANSGENDER MILITARY BAN
Subsequent to President Trump’s tweets on July 26, 2017, announcing his intention to reinstate the ban against transgender service members, the following organizations filed lawsuits, amicus briefs or provided research in order to #ProtectTransTroops and retain #OpenTransService. Please consider making a financial donation to any or all of these non-profits to help their work:
- Transgender Law Center
- Transgender Legal Defense Fund
- SPARTA – Advocacy for Servicemember
- Transgender American Veterans AssociationLambda Legal
The LOFT: LGBT Community Services Center: Westchester LGBT Safe space for support groups, events, and resources.
Phelps LGBTQ Health Center of Excellence – Full spectrum of health services to LGBTQ Community. (914) 269-1900
The Ossining LGBTQ Alliance – Ossining’s own LGBTQ volunteer advocacy group.
- Transgender History: The Roots of Today’s Revolution by Susan Stryker
- The Transgender Teen: A Handbook for Parents and Professionals Supporting Transgender and Non-Binary Teens
- Morris Micklewhite and the Tangerine Dress by Christine Baldacchino (for kids)
- Beyond Magenta: Transgender Teens Speak Out (for teens)