Project Wild Thing
June 11, 2015
- The Wild Network: Download the Project Wild Thing app for on-the-fly ideas on outdoor children’s games
- Shelburne Farm’s Project Seasons, by Deborah Parella
- Something Good in the World: Website has many helpful links!
Connect your family’s actions to the big ideas of sustainability!
- Teatown Lake Reservation: Open all year!
- Explore how organisms are interdependent: Start a backyard compost bin for your kitchen scraps (learn more here)
- Think about systems and diversity: Plant native plants and/or an edible garden. Start small with herbs.
- Consider issues of fairness and equity in access to resources: Help support CELF’s LifeStraw program here
- Discuss how all systems have limits: Meet your farmer! Visit local farms, Hilltop Hanover or Stone Barns to see local food production in action, and make going to the farmers market a family ritual!