1. Visit: Vegucated’s website for recipes, groups to join, and other resources: www.getvegucated.com
2. Learn: about Meatless Monday. Join one of the most popular movements: www.meatlessmondays.com
3. Join: a Vegan Meetup: vegan.meetup.com and meet people curious about the same things.
4. Read: The Food Revolution by John Robbins. How your diet can help change your life and our world.
5. Read: Folks, This Ain’t Normal: A Farmer’s Advice for Happier Hens, Healthier People, and a Better World by Joel Salatin with emphasis on eating locally produced, unprocessed food.
2 thoughts on “Take Action – Vegucated”
Thank you again for a great screening and panel discussion. I wanted to share a few additional resources with you regarding veganism and vegetarianism. Carlo & I are always open to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to drop us a line!
Join Your Local Meetup (open to all)
Westchester NY Veggie EatUp – http://www.meetup.com/Westchester-Veggie
NYC Vegan EatUp – http://www.meetup.com/nyceatup/
NYC Vegan & Vegetarian Meet-Up – http://www.meetup.com/vegetarian-nyc/
Be Social: The Food Duo hosts a weekly Twitter chat on Wednesdays at 8pm ET
Follow the hashtag #VeganFoodChat on Twitter or visit http://nurph.com/VeganFoodChat
Forks Over Knives (also a documentary) by Gene Stone, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, & Dr. Colin T. Campbell
The Lucky Ones by Jenny Brown, Founder of Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary
Main Street Vegan by Victoria Moran (Victoria also runs Main Street Vegan Academy, a Vegan Lifestyle Coach certification program)
Vegan for Her by Ginny Messina, RD & JL Fields (JL was previously a local Westchester resident – now resides in Colorado)
Isa Does It by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
The New Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison
Vegan Chocolate Unapologetically Luscious and Decadent Dairy-free Desserts by Fran Costigan
Listen – Podcasts (also available on iTunes):
Big Fat Vegan Radio – bigfatveganradio.com/
Main Street Vegan – http://www.unity.fm/program/mainstreetvegan
Our Hen House – ourhenhouse.org
The Rich Roll Podcast – http://www.richroll.com/
NYC Veggie Pride Parade is THIS SUNDAY (March 30 at 12pm) – http://www.veggieprideparade.org
The Seed – Coming August 2014 –
Visit a local sanctuary:
Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary – woodstockfarmanimalsanctuary.org
Catskill Animal Sanctuary – casanctuary.org
For the Animals Sanctuary – http://www.fortheanimalssanctuary.org/
*Farm Sanctuary (not local but in NYS) – farmsanctuary.org
Thanks for your participation as panelist, and for this follow up, Carmella!