- Sylvia Rivera Law Project (SRLP) works to guarantee that all people are free to self-determine their gender identity and expression, regardless of income or race, and without facing harassment, discrimination, or violence.
- The Audre Lorde Project is a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Two Spirit, Trans and Gender Non-Conforming People of Color center for community organizing, focusing on the New York City area
- Transgender Law Center works to change law, policy, and attitudes so that all people can live safely, authentically, and free from discrimination regardless of their gender identity or expression
Community support, healthcare, and local resources:
- The LOFT – Located in White Plains, New York, is a non-profit, community-based organization serving the LGBT community of the Lower Hudson Valley.
- The Newburgh LGBTQ+ Center – Centering the struggles and needs of Queer People of Color, The Newburgh LGBTQ+ Center organizes, advocates and serves the needs of the LBGTQ+ community and allies.
- The Center: The Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender Community Center: The Center is the heart and home of NYC’s LGBT community, providing programs for health, wellness and community connection.
- Captive Genders:Trans Embodiment and the Prison Industrial Complex by Eric A. Stanley & Nat Smith
- Transgender History: The Roots of Today’s Revolution by Susan Stryker Gender Outlaws: The Next Generation – Kate Bornstein, S Bear Bergman